Monday 1 October 2012

Milan Fashion Week: 2012 HairStyles



Hey Sistahs,


Its been about 10 days since my last post and I’ve missed y’all so much…apologies for my impromptu sabbatical I had to go on a “spiritual retreat”….for those of you that know me personally you also know that I’m a crusader for being the best you can be in every facet of your life as well as living a full life…one where no area is malnourished or ignored…hence the time off.

Enough about me, how is everyone doing? If you live in Nigeria how did you spend the “Independence” weekend? I trust it was fun and refreshing and we all had enough time to go get that “look” we’ve been planning for at the hairdressers and such? Or went to do a touch-up? We did do something for ourselves at least? Nails, facials, anything?

I was able to finally go get a trim on my natural locks as well as deep condition it, been wearing my hair bare all week long so thought I’d pamper it a bit for “being such a good girl”. Sadly, I forgot to take a photo for you all on the progress of my strands...definitely will next time.


From this week henceforth I have decided to break down my hair care regimen into bullet-points that we will be taking on extensively each week. This will give us the chance to be thorough in our descriptions, narrations, lessons and explanations. As always feel free to ask questions and if possible ask questions that are peculiar to the topic for each week so we can all learn and be clear on solutions to issues we might be having individually. The categories will include:

·         Shampooing
·         Conditioning (Both “Regular” and “Deep”)
·         Detangling
·         Blow-Drying
·         Hot-Irons
·         Protective Styling
·         General/Daily Haircare
·         Protein Treatments
·         Length Retention
·         Products
·         Styling
·         Trimming
·         Relaxers on Virgin Hair
-New Growth/Touch-Ups
·         Hair-Dyes and Coloring
·         Tips and Tricks for “Transitioners” and “Choppers”.



This list will definitely grow as you give us feedback on what we might be missing out from the list as well as what your peculiar needs are. If you want a more private platform to relay your enquiries feel free to send me an email at divashairstory@gmail.com. Your mail will be treated with utmost privacy and even if we do treat the topic on this blog there will be absolutely no tracing it back to you.

This week as promised, I bring you (though a bit late, my apologies again) most of the dos that rocked the Milan Fashion Week 2012, enjoy…



Fendi detracts from the matronly "bob" this season with some deliberate 'undone' elements. The hair is piled up high on top of the head in this look.



Jill Sander presents a more subtle "false bob" this season. This subtle look can be worn off the runway like this.The hair is turned under in the nape of the neck and pinned in.




Buns




Chignons




The classic full fringe never goes away. Naomi ROCKS and rocked the fringes well...




Another look that rocked the catwalk this season is what i call the "Goddess, Chignon Look"...classy, trendy and royal




Lovely, lovely, lovely...I cant seem to get enough of this look




Here's a side-view of this classy look. For a regular, everyday look you can swap the accessory band with a single braid.





Here's Cassie rocking a chignon off the runway...chignons are always breathtaking....




Here's a DIY quickie for chignons if you've got long luscious, locks




Versace models rocked long, voluminous, lustrous middle parting, which can also be worn off the runway.

Retro curls are the perfect fit for the swinging plissé skirts by Prada. Still, Prada manages to put his very own stamp on this hair style as well. Typically for Prada, the curls do not at all create a sweet and stylish appearance but rather look deliberately messy.  


That's all for this week ladies, be sure to follow us on twitter, like us on facebook and ensure you leave your questions and comments below. Remember to help us broaden our hair care regimen list by making suggestions below as well.




Love As Always,

Diva
xoxo






1 comment:

  1. I stumbled on this site through a friend. Although this blog is designed for the ladies I feel the tips are equally good for men. I shall be keeping my eyes open for more tips

    ReplyDelete